Orpington u3a members please logon to see group leader contact details.
We visit local parks and open spaces to observe our bird life and monitor the changes with the seasons. It provides an opportunity to meet old and new friends and share our knowledge of the species we see. Journey times vary, but we try to share driving duties.
Meets: 4th Wednesday (February to November), 10 a.m. at venue chosen in advance.
Costs: Petrol and some sites (e.g. RSPB) charge for entry.
This is an open group. We always have vacancies for new members.
The group has set out its programme of visits for each fourth Wednesday in 2023:
- February 22nd - Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve
- March 22nd - Kelsey Park, Beckenham
- April 26th - Haysden Country Park, Tonbridge
- May 24th - Cray Meadows
- June 28th - Priory Gardens, Orpington and a walk along the River Cray
- July 26th - South Norwood Country Park
- August 23rd - tbd
- September 27th - Rainham Marshes RSPB Reserve, Essex
- October 25th - Regents Park
- November 22nd - St James Park