Update From The AGM
22nd January 2022
Our AGM was held on Zoom on 17th January. For those of you that weren't able to attend, the key points were:
- William Sear stood down as Chairman, as did Sybil Robinson (Newsletter Editor), Frank Rowe (Business Secretary) and John Robertson (Publicity). Incoming Vice-Chairman Sue Howe thanked them for their service to Orpington u3a. In view of her outstanding service over many years, Sybil was made Honorary President.
As the AGM was held on Zoom, formal presentations will be made at the February General Meeting that will be held in Crofton Halls.
- The following were elected to office:
- Pauline Dawson (Chair)
- Sue Howe (Vice-Chairman)
- Janet Walker (Business Secretary)
- Janet Tucker (Newsletter Editor)
- Yvonne Sallis (Publicity)
All other positions remain unchanged. Login and click HERE to see the full details of the Committee.
- Membership for 2022 will be £12 and is due by 1st March. Click HERE for further details.
- The constitution was amended to allow future AGMs to be held on Zoom if that becomes necessary. Click HERE to see the updated Orpington u3a constitution.
Further details will be provided in the latest Newsletter and full minutes of the AGM will be posted in due course.