Gardening Jobs for March
10th March 2020
The storms continue, but signs of spring are all around us. Here's a few jobs to be getting on with in the garden this month:
- Apply a general granulated fertiliser to your beds. Mulch around plants
- Prune Winter Jasmine and divide Snowdrops when in the green
- Start to mow the lawn (on a high setting) and apply moss kill
- Cut back Lavender to within 2-3 cm of the leaves
- Prune and feed Roses
- Prepare to avoid slug damage by watering in Nematodes (avoid less environmentally friendly slug pellets)
- Coppice the Dogwood (Cornus) just above previous years' growth
Jean Pemberton - Hands on Gardening Interest Group
If you are interested in joining one of our gardening groups click HERE for more details.
There's also a new Gardening Made Easy Interest Group just starting. Click HERE for details about new groups that are starting up.