Gardening Jobs for February
10th February 2020
It doesn't feel much like Spring is coming with storm Ciara at our doors but there are signs that it is on the way. Here's a few jobs to betting on with in the garden this month:
- Lift perennials that need dividing whilst clearing beds of rotted plants etc. Divide using two forks
- Cut dead leaves off Hellebores - there are 20 species!
- Finish winter pruning of fruit trees
- Prepare vegetable beds for sowing by weeding and covering with a thick layer of compost
- Clean out nest boxes. If you want more birds in your garden try to keep feeders clean regularly
- Plan what seeds to be planting soon.
Jean Pemberton - Hands on Gardening Interest Group
If you are interested in joining one of our gardening groups click HERE for more details.
There's also a new Gardening Made Easy Interest Group just starting. Click HERE for details about new groups that are starting up.